Financial InformationMason LIFE
Fall 2018/Spring 2019 tuition rates: In State: $20,910/year, $10,455/semester Out of State: $28,600/year, $14,300/semester
Residency On Campus Program Fees
$10,690/year is the room fee, $12,220/year is the support fee for a total cost of $22,910 per year. Room fees are $5,345 per semester with an additional $6,110 per semester to include residential support fee and overnight support staff and their room fee.
Resources for Funding at George Mason University
- College's hidden costs: What the admissions office does not tell you.
- Federal Pell Grant: The Federal Pell Grant is a need-based financial aid award. To determine eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant, students must submit a FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov, using Mason’s school code, 00374900.
- Alternative Education Loan: Students and parents who need additional funding may want to consider an alternative education loan with Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae currently offers a Parent Loan that is approved for non-degree programs such as the Mason LIFE program. The Parent Loan is based on credit-approval and a parent or other borrower may apply for an amount up to the student’s educational costs, minus other scholarships or resources. Applications are available online at www.salliemae.com using the school code 00374900. Please note that while Sallie Mae is approved for non-degree programs such as Mason LIFE, not all lenders are approved for non-degree programs.
- Mason Payment Plan: Monthly payment plans are available through the Student Accounts Office. Visit their website and click on the Payment Information tab. Instructions can be found on the Student Accounts website at http://studentaccounts.gmu.edu.
- Virginia Prepaid Education Program (VPEP) or Virginia529 College Savings Plan: For those families who have contributed to a 529 Savings Plan, funds can be used for partial payment of tuition. The site for this type of funding is http://www.virginia529.com.
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board: For those students that qualify for self-direct funds. More information can be found at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/csb/.
- Mason LIFE Scholarships: The call for requesting assistance is sent via e-mail on June 1st with awards being announced by June 25. Financial awards are based upon the number of families that apply, families who also support other students in an Institute of Higher Education or other dependents, and total program funding. The 2015-2016 funds range from 500-2,000/year. If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Atkins, Mason LIFE Office Manager, email@example.com, or (703) 993-3905 with the Mason LIFE program.
Mason LIFE Program payments go through the Student Accounts Office.