Timeline for acceptance to the Mason LIFE Program
- Application (MSWord or PDF) must be completed and received by January 13th 2017
- Interviews are held in February and March of 2017
- Participation in trial day during March/April of 2017
- Final decisions are made by April 14th. The Mason LIFE Program follows the tuition payment and deposit policies identified by the Student Accounts office.
- The Mason LIFE Program has about a 25% acceptance rate. Of the 50 applicants per year 20-25 will be interviewed. Of the 20-25 interviewed, 15-20 will be scheduled for a trial day. Of those scheduled for a trial day, 10-15 will be accepted into the program. A newly accepted student/family orientation will be held on Friday, June 23, 2017.
The following documentation MUST be included along with the application:
- Related Services Assessments if applicable (Speech, PT, OT, Assistive Technology, etc)
- Most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Most recent Educational/Behavioral Evaluations (must be current within two years)
- Teacher or service provider letter of recommendation
Once your complete application has been received, you will be contacted to set up a mandatory student interview.
Admission decisions regarding the 2017-2018 academic year will be made by April 14, 2017. A non-refundable deposit will be due by June 1, 2017.
Decisions are based on:
- Applicant's learning needs and desire to attend program
- Ability of program to meet applicant's needs and goals
- Ability of the applicant to exhibit appropriate behavior and independently negotiate transitions between classes and buildings, lunch and non-academic activities.
- Potential of applicant to successfully achieve his/ her goals within the context of the program content and setting
- Commitment from the applicant's family/caregivers to support the goals of the program
Any and all documents found on this site may only be used with written permission. All materials including all aspects of the application are copyrighted. For those researchers or program personnel that request to use the Graff Parent Readiness Scale (GPRS) or the Mason Interview Tool, in return the user agrees to provide non-identifiable data to further research efforts in the field. Please e-mail Heidi J. Graff at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.